Solar Panel Tracking:
Tracking the movement of the sun will boost the efficiency and increase output from a given panel by up to 30%. Accurate, trouble-free positioning of the panels is the challenge. The system must be highly rugged and able to withstand wind and weather. It must function reliably and maintenance-free for many years. Jimi-Tech linear actuators and screw jacks offer affordable, custom-fitted solutions to these challenges.
- Solar tracking requires actuation solutions which are stiff and will not back-drive in high wind conditions. All Jimi-Tech actuators and screw jacks can be equipped with a holding brake that eliminates back-driving.
- Accurate tracking often requires some form of feedback. Most Jimi-Tech actuators and screw jack models can be equipped with encoders, resolvers or potentiometers to meet either analog or digital feedback requirements.
- All Jimi-Tech actuators and screw jacks are available with adjustable end of stroke limit switches to protect the panel from damage due to overtravel in either direction.
- Panels can require up to 9000 N of force to move in windy conditions, which both actuators and screw jacks can deliver with ease.
- Multiple mounting options are available.
- Actuators and screw jacks require little to no maintenance, making them ideal for solar panel applications.
Jimi-Tech has a long history of building custom products. A custom tailored solution can be an integrated part of the structure and make assembly quick and easy.
Wind, rain, sun and snow:
The elements can put stress on a solar panel. Jimi-Tech actuators and screw jacks are built to handle these conditions with little or no service or maintenance.
Limit the movement:
Both actuators and screw jacks can be supplied with built-in adjustable end of stroke limit switches which makes it easy to set the limits of movement.
Jimi-Tech actuators and screw jacks are offered with both analog and digital feedback to allow precise tracking of the sun.